People’s concern Children’s Project (PCCP) is a local Ugandan Charity striving to instill fundamental life skills into disadvantaged children in its community and empower them to create a better future for themselves. The project aims to cultivate this deal through basic education including instruction in reading, writing, computer skills, public speaking, and craft making and fostering an environment to promote learning.
People’s Concern Children’s project was founded by Mushin Juma and Issa Bin Ismail on April 2006 in Kampala, Uganda. It is located at Kampala district in Makindye Division within Kabalagala parish. The offices are found in Kisasizi Local Council 1.s.
The citizens of Namulanda are reliant to help and support from abroad to achieve their goals according to an adequate education for children and an empowering development. French volunteers can participate in creating and developing a productive and efficient support system for the Ugandan society. The benefits for the population are obvious by receiving assistance from additional helpers abroad and by gaining new and practical knowledge from the volunteer’s individual skills, professional education and personal motivation.
To instill fundamental life skills into disadvantaged Ugandan children and empower then to create a better future for themselves.
To create a world where children have access to quality health care and their families are able to better comfort and support them while actively participating in their care.
- Assisting teachers in the daily task
- Supporting the children during classroom assignments
- Creating adequate activities during breaks (music, games, sports, etc.)
- Helping the teacher in the educational work
- Monday- Wednesday 10:00-16:00
- Public transportation available
- The volunteers should bring flexibility for the practical work with a different culture, traditional society, environment and climate
- They should be able to take responsibility and to work both independently but also in a team
- A volunteer needs to have the mental and social abilities to deal with challenging and unexpected situations
- The volunteers need to have the motivation, open mindset and social skills required to get to know a new country and the ability to accept differences
- Communication and human-relation skills are inevitable
- Willingness to participate in extracurricular activities within the community
- The volunteers need to respect and understand traditional values, e.g. in terms of dress code and social behavior and the infrastructure in this developing country
- Volunteer profile: Mature, modest, responsible, motivated, tolerant, flexible, teamwork capable, adaptive, open minded, autonomous, and patient
- Resume (with picture) and motivation letter in English
EACH VOLUNTEER RECEIVES
- Seminars/additional courses
For a period of three months the volunteers receive educational and preparing courses. These courses are distributed through the week that they receive on two-four days (dependent on the placement and schedule) a few hours of training. The courses will cover the topics of: International development, practical work and skill training at their placements and entrepreneurial studies.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
Inside the compound there are two buildings reserved for the volunteers. Each volunteer will share a room with four or six people. Necessary furniture is provided as well as a small kitchen inside the building. Furthermore, a huge common kitchen and dining room is part of the accommodations. Because of this rural area, internet cannot be taken for granted through the whole time in terms of electricity complications
- Pedagogical guidance & support
A pedagogical guide keeps contact and takes care of all the needs of the volunteers throughout the volunteering period in and out of the placement.
- Flight ticket (round trip)
- Visa cost
- The volunteers must provide the escorting organization 450 Euros for accommodation, food (breakfast, lunch, dinner), transportation and security.
- Phone flat-rate package
- Individual traveling